Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Smoking

200377736-001

The PreDominant Image:

A vanilla event. A party at a country inn. Crowded. The interaction between us public appropriate (but, as always, submissive courtesy is always involved).

We are talking with a couple. Though it isn't obvious, I can tell that they are boring Her. Without looking at her I can tell; that is the wonderful thing about submission, attuning to the moods of your Dominant so finely. A subtle restlessness, her eyes roaming over the room.

Suddenly she looks at me, and speaks over the boring vanilla man who is talking. "I want a cigarette." And with that announcement, she turns on her heel and walks away. Though I feel a touch rude, I have no choice other than to quickly excuse msyelf, bow my head, and follow her.

Though I don't smoke, I carry her cigarettes and lighter. I just need an ashtray - which in this increasingly harsh world is tough to find. I panic a little, knowing that she hates to wait - and hates excuses for making her wait even more. Finally I find one hidden behind the bar. I look for her in the crowd, but do not see her. She must be outside already.

I find her on the back porch, looking out on a moonlit lawn. I can tell she is a little disgruntled at making me wait - but just shoots me an irritated look.

The ritual. I make a show of carefully tapping out a cigarette. Handing it to her. Waiting for her to raise it to her lips. Raising the lighter. Not moving until she does first.

I become her human furniture. I hold both hands out, palms up, and rest the ashtray on them. I stand straight and tall, the ashtray held midway between chest and waist.

She does not encourage talking. So. I remain silent. She gazes out on the night. The door opens behind us, and we are joined on the porch by another man. He stands about ten feet away, behind her back. She looks over at him.

She takes her time. Flicking the ash into my ashtray. I wonder what the man thinks of this subtle display of her power.

She takes a step to her right, and faces him a little bit more. They exchange nods. A small smile snakes upon her lips. She inhales deeply and turns to me.

And blows a thick stream of smoke in my face.

I stand there and take it. Of course.

I lower my head a little. The submissive response. But I see her grinning broadly...

And I wonder what is going through the man's mind at this moment....

2 comments:

Catwomanslair said...

Great post. It is always fun to do little things in public. I too wonder what is going on in ohter people's minds when they see us playing. I've flicked ashes in his mouth, used him as a step stool to climb into his truck, he puts my shoes on my feet for me. Rarely do people ask about it, they just look.

Milliscent said...

I also loved this post, and it's understated description of the powerful emotions light public play can bring about. Her broad grin says it all.